[macvoiceover] Re: Re-installing Lion clean

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 09:13:57 -0500

Export them anywhere you like.  You'll have to set up your email accounts again.

Look for safari on the apple web.  since you are having issues with safari, it
might be best to have someone do it for you.
Your spotlight search issues might be safari related in that safari is in the
spotlight mix.

find caches in / and /system/library
 and /user/your name/library
If you can do it in safari, try a safari reset which you will find in the
safari menu.

On Dec 12, 2011, at 8:33 AM, Russell Solowoniuk wrote:

Hi David,

Thanks for your suggestions.  Where do I find the caches I need to delete?  Can
I just download Safari myself?  I have plenty of disk space available... over
250 GB.

So, do I just export my mailboxes to an external drive and then import them
once my clean install is done?

It's not only Safari I'm having issues with either.  As I said, spotlight
search is almost unusable... if I choose a result I wish to look at, the choice
just above the one my cursor is focused on is opened... very frustrating.  It
almost seems like a display resolution problem, but I tried changing the
resolution with no improvements.

I'm going to wait till after Christmas when I get a week off work to try to
remedy this problem.

Thanks again,

Russell