[macvoiceover] Re: Podcast recording application query

  • From: John Hess <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 22:08:31 -0500

Scott, audacity has an auto ducker feature which will do exactly what you are looking for. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen in real time. You need to record the tracks first but it works really well. I used it to create a 10 minute montage of our music with a narrated intro and outro.

On Jan 2, 2009, at 8:31 PM, Scott Rutkowski wrote:

Hi all.

Seen's garage band is difficult to get started with for new garage band users, does anyone know of any other applications that one could use to record audio for a podcast?

what I would like if at all possible is an application where you could ahve music playing then the music fades down and you can then start talking. I know this is dooable with armedeus pro and other such apps it would be nice to have this working in real time.

If this is at all possible, please let us all know cause it actually sounds more professional to have music playing at the start of a podcast and then fade away and you can start talking.

I tried an application called ubercaster but it was rather complicated and yeh no good at all.
If only garage band was easier to use.

Maybe one day.

Thanks all.

John W. Hess & Barclay the WonderLab