[macvoiceover] Re: OT: is this really real?

  • From: David Truong <bnfiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 09:30:37 +1000

Hi Sara,

I know at the Aussie Mac store I use I could have gotten 32gb of ram for 4 grand. I've got 8 in this mac pro now and she runs quite well. When I save up a bit. I might upgrade to the full power of 32gb and the 3.2 or whatever it is by then quad corr processors. As it is the 2 quad corr processors which is only 2.8 is working great. The Mac Pro is very easy for a Blindy to install hardware independently and that is huge with me. The only prob I had was that I couldn't install an audioPhile 24/96 pci sound card as it just didn't fit even though m-audio claims it should. But then it is an old card. I'm actually now in the process of moving over to the Mac completely and packing up my windows pc and I will just use it for backup. There is no point running two pcs when you can do it all on the Mac pro. VMs are great.

David Truong
Email & Messenger: davidtruong@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Skype: blindboxer1967

On 24/05/2008, at 4:22 AM, Sara wrote:

Thanks for that website. They appear to ship to Canada and they say it's all apple-approved and it's even cheaper than memorysuppliers...wow, this Mac Pro is gonna scream when I find $6000!
Sara