[macvoiceover] My problem day with the iPad

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 20:01:26 -0500

I think I may like the iPad once I get it going. However, I had the following
problems:

1. Can't get iPad to speak required password so I can pair a keyboard. I'd
really like to do this but will work on using the onscreen keyboard until I
solve this.

2. I can't access the internet. This isn't actually the iPad's fault. I am
using a cradlepoint phs300 hotspot and I don't think my iPad can handle the
required user login that's initially required to access the internet. There's
supposed to be an option to turn off this requirement but I don't know if
something I did for security turned it off or what happened, but the option is
nowhere to be found. Obviously until I fix this a lot isn't going to work on
the iPad.

3. I haven't decided yet whether I like the larger size or not. After the
iPhone, it certainly does take some adjustment.

So I think I'll just withhold comment for a while. I'm glad others are enjoying
it so much and hope I will eventually do the same.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Easter story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),