[macvoiceover] Re: Merry Christmas!

  • From: Ricardo Walker <rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 14:35:02 -0500

What?

Thats silly.  If we go buy that logic, we shouldn't say happy new year because
not everyone in the world follows the Greek calendar.  A person wishing you
well, is a person wishing you well.  Regardless of the verbiage, I agree happy
holidays is a more ambiguous term which I personally prefer but, I would hardly
call the other alternatives offensive or inappropriate.  I think the meaning
and context is clear.  So, Happy hanukkah, or merry christmas, the spirit of
the words all convey the same message in my opinion.  I have no real religious
ties and a good friend wished me a happy hanukkah.  He knows I'm not jewish,
its just what he is accustom to saying.  I wished him the same and gave him a
hug.  Because I knew the message he was sending with his words, and the
sincerity of them although the actual Holiday itself didn't hold the same
religious significance to me.

But please, can we get back to the Mac. lol.

Ricardo Walker
rwalker296@xxxxxxxxx
Twitter & Skype: rwalker296
www.mobileaccess.org