[macvoiceover] Re: Looping Regions in GB 10.1

  • From: CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 18:52:43 -0700

Thanks guys,

I was away from my Mac all day. I’ll try this later tonight. But, I gotta
ask, did that O command “looping regions” go away. I found it in a youtube
video by a guy specifically using VoiceOver & I heard it work. I think,
however, that was a demo using GB 6.

Thanks again,

CJ

On Jul 12, 2015, at 9:29 PM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Actually I got it wrong, after interacting with the region and moving to the
loop handle, press VO Cmd + Accent, not VO Shift + Accent, to move the loop
handle.
The same is applied to move the other handles also.

TF

On 13/07/2015, at 3:40 pm, Keith Reedy <keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I did have a little trouble understanding what you wanted to do but TF should
have you on track.
kr
We are Braille Bible printers,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
keithreedy@xxxxxxxxxxxx

n Jul 12, 2015, at 11:00 PM, Tuscia Falconer <tusciafalconer@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
That's not it, first you interact with the region and you will find four
divisions, the loop family, the loop name a handle to loop and a left and a
right handle.
To loop the region go to the loop handle then press VO Shift and the accent
keys together. Then VO left arrow or right arrow to extend or reduce the
loop through how many bars you want. Then press Esc to get out of the loop
handle.
You can use the left and right handles to resize the loop itself, either
from the front or rear

I have been having intermittent issues with the loop not extending .

TF

On 13/07/2015, at 2:23 pm, CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Keith,

Thanks for the reply. But, I think that’s something else. What I’m trying
to do is the following.

1. Copy a drum loop into a region on a track.
2. Select that region & press the O key, so that loop will continue playing
until the end of the song or until another region is encountered on that
track.

That’s not cycling is it?

Thanks,

CJ

On Jul 12, 2015, at 7:18 PM, Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you may be looking for cycle region and that is c to start and c
again to stop.
kr
We print the Bible in Braille,
http://biblesfortheblind.org
Keith Reedy
God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him. J Hudson Taylor.

On Jul 12, 2015, at 9:58 PM, CJ Daniel <cj_daniel@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,

I’ve been using the new GB 10.1, with success thus far. However, I’ve run
into a snag that I’m hoping my friends on this list can expedite my
journey to resolution with this problem. Anyway, I’m trying to loop a
region by selecting the region & then pressing the O key. Wasn’t this the
procedure in versions gone by?

If not, or there’s another process, could some one share it with me?
Many, many, thanks in advance.

CJ