[macvoiceover] Re: Just Ordered MyMacbookPro

  • From: Portia <portia89@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 13:28:01 -0700

Hi,

Yes, the Ipod only applies to educational discounts. If you go to Apple's site, you'l see itt. <Grin>

Hth,

Portia.

Keith Reedy wrote:
I think that is correct.

Keith Reedy

On Jun 17, 2009, at 10:15 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

As I understand it, that free iPod only applies to educational discounts.
Judy

At 04:05 PM 6/17/2009, you wrote:
Great!  As a side note, did you notice that you can get a FREE iPod
touch with your purchase?  If you didn't, I'd call them right up and
get it.  Someone will love you if you can't use it yourself.

Brett

On Jun 17, 2009, at 1:20 PM, Judy Wilkinson wrote:

I know this list is just for discussing VoiceOver, but I had to tell
someone, and I feel after lurking for a couple of weeks, that I've
made friends. David originally pointed me to this list. I've done a
lot of research and finally made what to me is a major shift.

This morning I ordered my 13-inch MacBook Pro with 4 meg of memory
and a 500GB drive. I'm so glad I didn't order just 10 days ago, as
this latest iteration has a longer battery life, an SD card slot,
has a cheaper base price and who knows what all else.

Given that I'm hardly a cutting edge kind of person and had been a
resigned PC user for 25 years (since I gave up my Apple IIE), and
I've made the decision to go to a Mac with the new Leopard iteration
of VoiceOver, I wonder how many others are lurking in the woodwork.

Is there a way to get Apple to take notice of those of us who may
now swell the ranks of visually-impaired Mac users? Why doesn't
Apple visit the conventions of the major blind organizations and/or
CSUN? I think they used to have a booth at CSUN at least, but I know
I didn't see them this year.

My apologies for writing somewhat off topic, especially as a new
member of the list. Where does one go to discuss Mac issues in more
general terms?
Judy Wilkinson

Manage your subscription by using the web interface on the link
below.
//www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Users can subscribe to this list by sending email to macvoiceover-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'subscribe' in the Subject field OR by logging into the Webinterface at //www.freelists.org/list/macvoiceover