[macvoiceover] Re: Jabber for Keith.

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 13:54:15 -0500

Hi Keith,

Well, there ya go then. To be clear, yo of course don't need a server class machine to do this; I installed on a MacBook.
On Nov 22, 2007, at 1:11 PM, Keith Reedy wrote:

Buddy,

We have a server here in the office for the database, maybe this would work.

Thanks and Happy Thanksgiving to you both!

Keith

On Nov 22, 2007, at 12:56 PM, Buddy Brannan wrote:

Of course, the other option would be to set up your own local jabber server with gateways. I did this while here at Children's, for something interesting to do, and by gosh if it doesn't work like a champ. The chats read perfectly fine in iChat! Here's the article I used, and pretty much by the numbers:

http://www.macosxhints.com/article.php?story=20071030041941679

Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 746-4502 or 888-75-BUDDY
Check out some of the best music you've never heard, and claim your free trial platinum mmembership: http://www.musicforte.com/trial/bbrannan Check out the new Watkins: natural plant-based home care and our 2007 holiday gift line: http://www.tastyshop.net And claim your free mall: Unlimited earning potential just for the shopping you already do: http://www.powermall.info