[macvoiceover] Re: Is there a way to Option Click with Voiceover?

  • From: Tuscia-Falconer <falconer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 12:42:40 +1200

Good One Cheryl !

TF

On 15/07/2014, at 12:15 pm, Cheryl Homiak <cah4110@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

It isn't necessary to use your trackpad or your mouse, though of course
multiple methods for doing things is one of the Mac's strengths. This works for
sound volume and other menus where more options can be shown by option-click.
Do vo-m twice to get to your extras menu. Use vo with arrow keys to get to the
menu item you want. Then hold down the option key firmly; don't hurry to do the
next step though you don't have to sit and wait either. Once the option key is
firmly held down, add your control and space as you normally would to open
something with voiceover. At first I thought you then had to keep the option
key held down momentarily after releasing the control and space but actually
this is not necessary; you can do that, however, if you have trouble accessing.
Ordinarily just holding down option, then adding control and space will open
the menu with the extra options showing. You will know immediately if this has
worked because the number of items announced will be greater. I use this a lot
for the bluetooth menu also.

Hth.