[macvoiceover] Installing Snow Leopard in preparation for Lion?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 10:18:20 -0600

Hi all,

I have a friend who is still running Leopard.  She wants to be able to upgrade
to Lion when it comes out, so will need to install Snow Leopard first.  I'd
like to do this for her and have a few questions.

1. To install Snow Leopard, do I just need to put the SL disk in and boot while
holding down the C key, and then choose "Upgrade"?
2. She doesn't wish to lose all her documents, so, can I just choose to do an
upgrade rather than a clean install?
3. I plan to do a Time Machine backup before upgrading.  Is there anything else
I should be aware of?

I did this on my iMac, but that was two years ago and the old memory ain't
quite what it used to be! LOL

Thanks all,

Russell>