[macvoiceover] Re: Great success using VirtualBox on a mac

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 10:41:55 -0500

Just to confirm, the user interface of the current version is still not
accessible with VoiceOver?

DO you use commandline tools to create/edit the virtual machine, or must you
edit configuration files by hand? In either case, your idea of using scripts to
provide an accessible interface is good. AppleScript can control the shell, so
it would be a quick way to do what you're suggesting. A few of us on the MV-Dev
Google Group have, in the last few days, finally worked out a way for
programmers to use XCode's Interface Builder with VoiceOver to create user
interfaces for their programs. Interface Builder can create interface for
AppleScripts, also. You should join the MV-Dev group to learn more about what
is now possible. Using XCode and Interface Builder, you will be able to create
an AppleScript that presents an accessible interface that could either enter
the needed terminal commands, or else could edit the configuration file.

http://groups.google.com/group/mv-dev

Bryan