[macvoiceover] Re: Great success using VirtualBox on a mac

  • From: "Jane Jordan (GMail)" <juanitatighan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Jan 2010 21:52:39 -0500

I'm interested in this; can you e-mail me off-list with instructions?

juanitatighan at gmail dot com

replace the words for at and dot with sym bols and there's my email.

Jane

On 1/5/2010 9:02 PM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:
I always thought of trying to use VirtualBox (a free virtualization package,
alternative to VMware fusion) on my Mac. I tried it a long time ago and saw
that the gooey was completely inaccessible. I knew VirtualBox could be used
from the command line but I just didn't take the time to look at it. Today
someone posted the actual commands needed to create and run a virtual machine
on a linux host on an other list. I modified this as needed given that I'm
using a macbook and yes, I have linux running here in VirtualBox. It's working
great for now. For anyone interested please write me off list because this is
completely off topic and we don't want to make Keith angry. But basically it
seems like we don't need to buy VMware if we don't want to and still need to
use other operating systems on our macs. I will probably write a script which
will guide people not wanting to use the terminal through the process of
creating a virtual machine.
Probably someone had the time to test this before me but I didn't here anything
about it on this list and figured some people would be interested in this
alternative.