[macvoiceover] Fwd: mac mini without monitor and set up

  • From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 00:03:27 +0100

Begin forwarded message:

From: Marie Howarth <marie.jane2005@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: July 28, 2009 12:02:50 AM BST
To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mac mini without monitor and set up

Hey,
I already have a macbook and I'm thinking of getting a mac mini. I know if you don't have the monitor you need the adapter to make the mini think there is one to prevent sluggish behaviour. My question is, how would you set up the mac independently without sighted assistance? I had to have someone hit the start voice over assistive set up thing on my mac book when I got it. but if you don't have a monitor, can this be achieved some way? I've never reinstalled my leopard yet, although I understand it can be done. simply, can I set up my mac mini without sighted assistance?
thanks Marie