[macvoiceover] Fwd: Another way to create a pdf for converting to epub

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 17:47:28 -0500

Not sure if this is what you are looking for as far as converting to epub, but
here's something I posted on this a while back. Somebody else also posted on
doing this using Pages; the other post was related to bookshare books so if you
search the archives try looking for that.  Hth.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,

Begin forwarded message:

From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: April 28, 2010 11:01:24 PM CDT
To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Another way to create a pdf for converting to epub

If an application has a print option under the File menu, you can probably
create a pdf file. I just did this with a text file in Text Edit and an html
file in safari. I went to the Print option, chose the pdf menu and selected
"save as pdf" and picked my location. I then uploaded to the epubtogo website
and got back epub files which I added to my iTunes library. They work on my
iPad. The books aren't divided into chapters but they do have pages and I can
navigate to different pages and/or read continuously.