[macvoiceover] Re: Fwd: Another way to create a pdf for converting to epub

  • From: Cheryl Homiak <cahomiak@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:00:02 -0500

The original subject line that started all this epub and pdf discussion was
"TXT to EPUb and was posted by Rejean Proulx. If pdfs can now be read just like
epubs in iBooks this is really great and saves a step, but either this wasn't
known before or came with IOS4. I do know that epubs can be read from beginning
to end without intervention after scrolling starts on both the iPhone and iPad;
I haven't yet tried a pdf on either device. But since some people are having
problems with this it might have to do with some settings; I know I hate it
when somebody insists something works and I'm sure I'm doing everything right
and it won't work for me. I also know that even with an epub sometimes I think
I have started scrolling correctly and I only get one page and I have to try
again.

Ah yes, pdf support came in with iBooks 1.1 and there are some differences
between reading epubs and pdfs. Check out this link:
http://www.ipadweek.ly/2010-06/apple-releases-ibooks-1-1-with-pdf-and-syncing-abilities

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,