[macvoiceover] Re: External drive doesn't appear in brows window

  • From: Ray Foret jr <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 07:07:30 -0600

Solved it, I believe.  The method I use is close to the one Sam suggested.

1.  locate the pop up button which allows access to "User name's Mac Book Pro"
(where user name = the name used to set up the OS when first turned on; in my
case "Ray's Mac Book Pro).

2.  Press VO+space if using the VO keys or if using quick nav, press up and
down arrow together, and if numpad commander, number 5 on keypad.

3.  Now, bypass the sidebar.  My experience has been that if I make the mistake
of tabbing past the side bar, for some reason, Voice Over will tend to stutter
the number one as if trying to tell me "one row added" or something like that,
This makes it necessary to force quit the effected application in which I
initiated the browse.  The thing I do instead is to use the VO curser to move
past the side bar and in to the file list; which, at first, will show that
nothing is selected.  Here, I can locate my external drive very easily.

4.  Now, I treat the browse process very much ass I would a tree view, and in
this way, quickly find exactly what I am looking for.

This tactic may not be the fastest, but, it does seem to serve when navigating
my system for a file to add to:

www.sendthisfile.com

Sincerely,
The Constantly BAREFOOTED Ray!!!

Now a Mac User!!!

Phone:
+1 (985) 360-3614

E-mail:
rforetjr at comcast dot net

Skype Name:
barefootedray

On Dec 9, 2009, at 1:52 AM, Ignasi Cambra wrote:

Even better than this, there is an edit field somewhere in the window that pops
up when you want to open a file. Just type the name of your external drive and
it might show up somewhere. I use this all the time to locate files, and it's
really, really wonderful.