[macvoiceover] Menus in Dock

  • From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2009 08:02:54 -0500

Hi,

My wife got up and I asked to borrow her eyes for a few moments.  I had
mentioned that Adium and Syrinx Dock menus could no longer be reached since I
moved them into the "Run at Login" category.  I then launched Mail and I could
no longer use its or any other running program's Dock menu.

With sighted assistance, though, I learned that the menus were actually coming
up but that the background was going dim and the menus were popping up but VO
couldn't or chose not to read them.

Programs and folders not already open at this point  (Safari, Applications,
etc.) behaved normally with VO speaking their menu contents as one would expect.

Has anyone seen this problem before?  If so, how did they fix it?

cdh