[macvoiceover] Downloading MP3 files in Safari

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2009 06:51:16 -0700

Hi everyone,

The CNIB library here in Canada has many books available to its clients.  Some
are available in MP3 format for download, but I cannot get the files to
download in Safari.  A book is typically  broken up into a number of files
which are links to the MP3 file itself.  If I press VO space, the file begins
playing in Safari.  If I press VO shift M to bring up the context menu, and
then choose "Save target as..., it always wants to save the html page rather
than the actual MP3 file.  I've tried everything, but no luck.  I've tried
interacting with the link and then going into the menu, but no matter what I
do, I can't get it to download the MP3 files.  Help!!!

Russell>