[macvoiceover] Downloading, Lion, what can I expect.

  • From: Keith Reedy <wa9dro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2011 12:46:09 -0400

Hi folks,

Well, it looks like we are really going to see the lion, if not on Wednesday at
least in the next couple of days.

I wanted to talk about what you mite expect when downloading Lion from the app
store..

Most of us have never downloaded an entire operating system before and we need
to remember that it will be a large file.  We don't know just how large, but,
by the time it is installed on your drive it may be 4, or, 5 GIG.  It will be
compressed from the app store and will expand as it is installed, however, the
download may be 2, or, 3 GIG.  You must have a broadband internet connection,
DSL, cable ECT.

I have used the app store and maybe some of you have not, so, here is how it
works for me.

Buying an app from the app store takes place in 2 steps.

1.  Purchasing the app.  Find the app and choose your method of payment Enter
your pass word, or, what ever is required, just like the iPhone app store and
press buy.
  then look for your purchased app in purchased apps.

2.  Installing the app.
When you find your purchased app you will see a button marked "install" if the
app is not installed on your computer and it will be marked "installed" if it
has been added to your applications directory.

Installing from what I have red takes place in 2 steps.
When you press the install button the app will start downloading to your
applications directory.  Depending on your internet connection, it may take a
couple of hours..  When it has finished downloading to your applications
directory you may see a standard install window, follow the directions to
install, if not, find the app in the applications directory and open it and
then you should see the install window.

This is the way it works with larger apps and this would certainly qualify as a
large app.

Good luck taming the Lion.
Keith Reedy
Click the link below to download MP3's of Keith Reedy's music as a gift from
Bibles For The Blind.

http://biblesfortheblind.org/download_music.shtml

God gives His best to those who leave the choice with Him.  J Hudson Taylor.