[macvoiceover] Re: Camp VoiceOver

  • From: Travis Siegel <windowbridge@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2008 14:34:20 -0600

And, if that's the best apple has to offer as a vo cert, they apparently aren't very serious about obtaining certified trainers for voiceover. Those two tests cover client side configuration and troubleshooting, and server configuration and setup. Nothing whatsoever about voiceover specifically mentioned in the exam descriptions.

<sigh>
This is what I'm talking about.
Apple *needs* a voiceover certification. Until they do, I can get every certification apple has, and it won't make a bit of difference if the answer to the are you voiceover certified is still no, because there is no such cert.

That said, I'll likely opt for these certs anyhow, because it will only lend weight to what I already tell folks. Being able to flash some credentials to backup what I'm saying may actually force folks to sit up and listen. (I'll not bet on it though)

On Jan 23, 2008, at 2:13 PM, Shaun Jones wrote:

You can take Apple's ACTC certification test using VO and basically get the same thing accomplished. I know because I am doing it myself.
On Jan 23, 2008, at 3:02 PM, Travis Siegel wrote:

Actually,, I'd be interested in something that would provide a certification from apple stating we've completed some voiceover training course that entitles us to teach it to others. I've talked to lots of rehab agencies (both in Delaware and Alabama) and they all ask me the same question.
Are you certified?
Of course not, there's no such thing as a voiceover certification.
Well, after that, they have no interest in talking to me about training, even though I passed several certs in other topic areas in the past, and still hold several brainbench certs, some of which are at the master level. <sigh>