[macvoiceover] Re: Braille within Leopard is it any Good.

  • From: "John W. Hess" <johnythehess@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2007 10:16:59 -0400

Here's a question for those using leopard with Braille. I connected a humanware Brailliant to the mac and it worked quite well. Problem, when trying to read I noticed everything looked like it was underlined. I am gathering this is because it is following the voiceover curser. How do I stop it from doing this. It's a great feature and the fact that the connection is literally instantainious is amazing.

On Nov 3, 2007, at 7:59 AM, David Poehlman wrote:

I use two braille displays and the braille support is quite good. One of the things we have talked about is how in mac os, when editing a document, it is hard to explain how the cursor works, braille shows this quite well with a cursor that spans two cells. You have to see it to appreciate it or touch it as the case may bee.

On Nov 3, 2007, at 5:28 AM, James Gallagher wrote:

hello all

has any one got Leopard running on a Braille display.
if so is it accessible and can we access must of all the software within
Leopard.

I can't use voice over myself so full well as good as we can get Braille access
within  Leopard is it OK ?

I am very eager to learn more about this Please.

all the very best
Yours
James

The highest result of education is tolerance.
Hellen Keller

--
James Gallagher

A-Z to Deafblindness <http://www.deafblind.com>