[macvoiceover] Re: Attention Ian

  • From: Ian Edwards <ianedwards42@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mac Voiceover list Mac Voiceover List <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 18:53:33 -0600

John beat me to it. That dialogue brings up a table with suggestions and the
option to add to dictionary. The other option is to highlight the word and then
use the VO shift M context menu. The universal spell check is good because you
don’t need to find the word for yourself. It’s universal because it works in
any regular edit field.

Ian

On Aug 31, 2015, at 6:05 PM, John Panarese <jpanarese@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

In the Universal spellchecker with command-shift-semi colon, you have the,
Learn, option so that you can add to the dictionary.

Take Care

John D. Panarese
Director
Mac for the Blind
Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Aug 31, 2015, at 8:00 PM, Phil Scovell <phil.scovell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Ian,

Do you recall the first steps you described in getting to where you can add
a word to the dictionary? One of the menu choices is the word “learn” and
that adds to the dictionary but I cannot recall how to get there.

Phil.