[macvoiceover] Apple Script for a DJ application

  • From: "Richard Emling" <richard.emling@xxxxxx>
  • To: <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2011 11:20:04 +0200

Hello Listers,

recently i purchahsed a software called Djay For Mac. Its as the name implies a DJ software to mix 2 tracks together on 2 separate virtual turn tables. First of all, this software is quite accessible. I never saw such intuitive and straight forward oncepts on a Windows platform. I use this Software with an external Soundcard, Fast Track Pro from M-Audio, and an external DJ-Mixer, Hercules Steel Control. ´With this setup, I am able to dj where ever I go.

But now my problem:

You can load every track in the application from within it self, as long the track is in the iTunes library. Sighted folks have the ability, to drag a track direct from the finder and drop it on one of the depicted turn tables. With Voiceover, this seems not to be possible.

After contaccting the support, I got the information, that the software has lots of apple script commands. There are commands for loading tracks to desired turn tables. So I need somebody, who understands something about apple script and can provide me with the following routines:

I have to know, wich item is selected in the finder. Is there some get function? Second would be to put the selected track on to the desired turn table by just giving the Djay application one single tell statement.

So, is there somebody who can help me out with this Apple Script issue?

Best

Richard