[macvoiceover] Answering a few questions about Daisy Bookworm for iPhone

  • From: Greg Kearney <gkearney@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: macvisionaries@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, macvoiceover <macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2010 16:38:42 +0800

I'll try and answer a few questions that have come up about Daisy Bookworm for
iPhone

iPhone Daisy Bookworm has a built in FTP server which you connect to and then
upload the book's directory to the phone using any FTP client on any computer.
Needless to say you need a wireless network to connect the phone to. You do not
need your own FTP server, Daisy Bookworm has a built in FTP server.

Book compatibility
Daisy Bookworm for iPhone will read any audio only and full text full audio
unencrypted DAISY book. This includes books from Association for the Blind of
Western Australia, Vision Australia, RNZFB, CNIB, RNIB, TPB and most other
world talking book libraries. It will not read NLS encrypted books. We have
asked the NLS about how to have these devices authorised but have yet to
receive any reply. We are working on RFB&D playback and text only DAISY
playback (Bookshare) in the next release.

Accessibility
Daisy Bookworm for iPhone is fully accessible with VoiceOver screen reader.

iPad
Daisy Bookworm is compatible with the Apple iPad.

Where do you get Daisy Bookworm
Daisy Bookworm will be available this summer from the iTunes App Store. It will
cost less than $5 when released.

Is this Voice of Daisy
No. Voice of Daisy or VOD is a different program from a different developer in
Japan.

Hope this clears things up.

Gregory Kearney | Manager Accessible Media
Association for the Blind of WA - Guide Dogs WA
PO Box 101, Victoria Park WA 6979 | 61 Kitchener Ave, Victoria Park WA 6100
Tel: 08 9311 8246 | Fax: 08 9361 8696 | www.guidedogswa.com.au
Tel: 307-224-4022 (North America)
Email: greg.kearney@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Email: gkearney@xxxxxxxxx