[macvoiceover] Airport Express interfering with email?

  • From: Russell Solowoniuk <rsolowoniuk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: macvoiceover@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2011 20:51:40 -0700

Hi everyone,

A couple of weeks ago I set up an Airport Express so that I could stream my
iTunes music from my iMac to my stereo.  It works great.  The way I set it up
is to have the Airport Express join my existing wireless network.  I've been
noticing since setting up the Airport Express, that quite often when I send an
email, it doesn't send right away, and I often receive an error message saying
that the message can not be sent with the current server settings.  Sometimes
if I click on "Try again with the current server settings" it works, but
sometimes it doesn't and the message doesn't get sent till later in the evening
when I open up my email app again.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Is it
just a coincidence that it started happening after setting up my Airport
Express, or could there be some sort of a conflict going on?

Thanks for any help with this,

Russell>