[mac4theblind] Re: safari and voiceover interface

  • From: David Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:00:18 -0400

Jude,

Sites generally do not automatically speak. In safari, it's best to take the bars off the scren under view and under bookmarks then, use vo to "interact" with the "html content".

On Jul 7, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Jude DaShiell wrote:

I have a mac mini and this was a purchase that didn't happen all that long ago. I managed to get the mac to update software and after that happens I run disk utility and repair disk permissions. The safari browser is another problem, I can use command-l to open a new location and type in the new location to open and when I moe around the screen safari tells me it has opened up the new location but will not speak any of its contents with voiceover. A sighted friend was able to go out to different sites and see them but safari didn't speak their contents when he did that either.