[mac4theblind] Re: my Mac mini

  • From: "George B" <gbmagoo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 07:57:01 -0800

scott what stereo av did you buy?

From: mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:mac4theblind-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Scott Granados
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 07:13
To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [mac4theblind] Re: my Mac mini

I have to disagree strongly.  I've been buying off ebay now for more than 10
years and not once have I had anything but a great result.  My stereo AV
receiver for example I bought for $1000 instead of $6000+ and it came with
the original receipt and service plan.

I've bought hundreds of computers, digital mixing consoles, even a full ADAT
system and everything went well.  Just deal with known quantities and check
the feedback.

On Dec 13, 2012, at 9:59 AM, linnette whalen <linnettew@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One of my brothers was trying to save a dollar and purchased a 27 inch I-Mac
fully loaded from Ebay. He also paid for an Apple care protection plan--the
computer was to his knowledge purchased brand new as advertised. However,
after about a year, he started seeing weird lines down the screen and it
gave him a headache just looking at the moniker. He contacted Apple and  was
told him that his beloved 27 inch fully loaded I-Mac did not have an Apple
Care Protection plan. He put his head in his hands and just cried and he is
47. As they say, buyer beware!
On Dec 11, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Edward Redfern <edwardredfern@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I agree with dave. unless you're purchasing through apple or a registered
apple service and system provider, eBay is a flaky area, especially if the
unit is claimed to be new and found otherwise. let's see how it is, then we
may be able to help you if you get stuck on anything.

lew

Edward Redfern
Vintage Mower Restorer.
E-Mail: Edwardredfern@xxxxxxx
Twitter: redfernmowers
Website: http://redfernvintagemowers.wordpress.com
<http://redfernmowers.wordpress.com/>
Breathing life back in to old equipment, one day at a time.

Want to recycle your old lawnmower and make a difference? Get in touch for
more information.

On 11 Dec 2012, at 20:50, David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I've discovered that when buying from a third party, unless they tell you
how it is conditioned, there is no way of knowing before you get what you
are getting.  I recently took possession of a macbook pro and luckily it had
the disks with it because it was a barebones install that did not include on
it the original apps that were provided at the time of sale.

On Dec 11, 2012, at 3:41 PM, Devin <prater.devin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello all. I will be getting a Mac mini for Christmas, as I've said before.
First of all, I would like someone to verify to me that my messages are
getting to y'all. I sent a few before, but it seems that they may not have
gotten to the server or something. My mom ordered the Mac mini from eBay,
and it was the latest moddel, with 8 gigs of ram, 500GB of space, and had
mountain lion. I would have prefered that she got it from the Apple store,
but I guess it was cheaper on ebay. Does iLife come with the mac, or will I
have to buy it? What apps do come with the mac?

*** This Email was sent by a student at School for the Blind.

Hands-on technolog(eye)s
Touching the internet
Reducingtechnology's' Disabilities
one byte at a time