[mac4theblind] Re: dropbox on the mac?

  • From: David Hilbert Poehlman <poehlman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:42:41 -0400

Hi Kim,

You can transfer directly to your mac from your pc.  there are two ways maybe
more.

Here's the pc way:
on your pc, you need to map the drive.  I'm not looking at a pc right now, but
I think it's under tools once you open your hd.  select map network drive from
the tools dropdown and you should be able to find your mac in the list.  press
enter on it and you should be asked which folder you want to use.  you may be
restricted to kim's public folder unless you have shared another from the mac
side.  enter on that folder and the drive should be mapped.  you can then copy
to it and from it if there is anything you want to copy from your pc to your
mac.

The mac way is a bit harder so let's see how you get on with this and if it
doesn't work, or you want to do it from the mac, let us know.

,
On Jul 8, 2012, at 6:22 PM, Kim Kilpatrick wrote:

Hi,
I think my mac sees my pc now so will try transferring the file directly and
see how that goes.
Thanks so much.
Thanks also for the dropbox link.  I was looking for it in the app store.
If I want to just transfer one folder to my mac for now, can I do it in an app
other than migration?
Kim