[mac4theblind] Re: What good free cleaners for VO Users on the Mac OSX

  • From: John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 19:11:51 -0400

     By and large, the vast majority of maintenance needed for the Windows
operating system is not necessary for the Mac.  Disk operations and general OS
activities do not require as much TLC as the various forms of Windows.

    With that said, there is a version of C Cleaner for Mac.  You also have
Cocktail, Mac Janitor and a few others.  I think Onyx is another one, but I'm
not sure.  This really comes down to the individual user as to how much they
really think they need a maintenance program.   If you are really that
concerned as to the need for one, you can always read the various Mac forums
for the different takes of other users.

    Personally, I run disk permissions checks and Cocktail once in a while, but
that's about it.

http://www.macfortheblind.com

MAC VOICEOVER TRAINING AND SUPPORT