[mac4theblind] Re: Vmware Fusion

  • From: Kliphton <kliphton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 06:00:33 -0500

There are a few different ways you can go about correcting this.  Fusion has an
option in the settings, where you can map keys.  I have never used this method,
but the advantage you have is it will apply to any vm you create or import.
Another option you can use is sharp keys.  This is a program that you launch in
windows, and set the keys the way you want them to work in windows.  it writes
the settings to your windows registry, and your good to go.  This is the choice
I made, and the program is easy to use.  You basically set it and forget it,
since you only have to do it once.  Unless you create another vm.  There is
another program for the mac, that will allow you to do it for both machines mac
and pc running side by side.  I cant think of what the name of it is.  But have
it saved in a email on in my google drive.  I will post the info that I have
about it later.  HTH

Kliphton-SR
(twitter&Skype) kliphton72
)(iMessage, FaceTime&Email) kliphton@xxxxxxxxx
(life journal) kliphton.wordpress.com
http://facebook.com/kliphandsharrie
Sent from Minister Miller's iPhone5

On Oct 16, 2012, at 4:13 AM, Christian Schoepplein <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Di, Okt 16, 2012 at 08:41:50 +0100, Chris wrote:
> So if you want the best of both worlds and you are in a similar
> situation then I suggest you spend the 40 quid and get Fusion.

I have Fusion with a Windows 7 installed in a virtual machine and also
I played around with a bootcamp installation. I'd also prefere to use
only Windows in a virtual machine with fusion, but sometimes it is hard
to use such a setup, because the navigation via the keyboard. If I'm in
the virtual machine for example some keystrokes or keycombination are
used in the virtual Windows, some trigger a reaction of Mac OS or
VoiceOver.

Can you tell a little bit more, how you switch btween both host and
guest system, what settings you made in Fusion and so on?

Performance of fusion is good, installation of the software itself and
also Windows is easy, no question, but using both systems paralel is
difficult in some situations in my setup. But maybe I missed some
important settings, e.g.

Cheers,

 Christian