[mac4theblind] Re: Selecting Multiple Random Files

  • From: Jamie Pauls <jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2015 09:13:43 -0500

Hell, Zahid,

I’ve been giving you the wrong command all this time. The command to select a
file is VO-Command-Return, not VO-Command-Space. My apologies. Try that and see
how it works.

On Oct 29, 2015, at 7:31 AM, Zahid Abdullah <zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I again did exactly the way you have suggested me to do , went to the file I
wanted to select with VO and up and down keys but when I select the file
action menu opens and there the process ends. Thanks Jamie.

Zahid Abdullah
Program Manager

Transparency and Right to Information
House No. 370, Street 75, E-11/3, Islamabad, Pakistan
Email:zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx <http://gmail.com/>, website:
www.cpdi-pakistan.org <http://www.cpdi-pakistan.org/>
Tel: 0512375158-9

On 29-Oct-2015, at 5:24 PM, Jamie Pauls <jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I have experienced this problem myself. What you need to do is make sure
that you are using the VO keys plus up and down arrow to get to the file you
want in the first place. Then, you should be able to use VO command space to
select the file. Again, I know the problem you're having. Let me know if
this still doesn't work. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 29, 2015, at 12:03 AM, Zahid Abdullah <zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi Jamie,

Thanks for your help. When I select a file with VO Command space key, an
action menu is opened and from there on I do not know what I need to do as
I cannot select different files by following your instructions.
What am I doing wrong?

Zahid Abdullah
Program Manager

Transparency and Right to Information
House No. 370, Street 75, E-11/3, Islamabad, Pakistan
Email:zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx <http://gmail.com/>, website:
www.cpdi-pakistan.org <http://www.cpdi-pakistan.org/>
Tel: 0512375158-9

On 28-Oct-2015, at 9:41 PM, Jamie Pauls <jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx
<mailto:jamie.pauls@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Actually, using shift with down arrow selects files that are contiguous.
The way to select files that are farther apart is to use VO plus the up
and down arrow keys to find the file you want to select. Then use
VO-Command-Space to select the first file. The first time you press the
command, the file will be unselected. Pressing the command again will
select the first file. Keep holding down the VO keys, use the arrow keys
to find the next file you wish to select, and then use VO-Command-Space to
select the next file. The second file will not be unselected when you
issue the command as the first file was. After you have selected all your
files, you can use commands such as Command-C to copy the files to the
clipboard for manipulation.
On Oct 28, 2015, at 11:35 AM, Eleanor Martha Burke
<eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:eleanormarthaburke@xxxxxxxxx>>
wrote:

shift and down arrow.

On 28 Oct 2015, at 16:28, Zahid Abdullah <zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx
<mailto:zahidisdpk@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Hi,

I am a new user of Mac. Could someone guide me please how to select
multiple files in one go? For example, if I need to select five
different files out of ten files in a folder, what would be the key
command? Thanks in advance.

<//www.freelists.org/list/mac4theblind>

<//www.freelists.org/archive/mac4theblind/>

john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>