[mac4theblind] Re: Off topic: a question out of curiosity

  • From: David McLean <david.mclean@xxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 18:52:48 -0500

I have been in Information Technology for the past 37 years and have spent the
past 12 as a Database Administrator.
I spent the first 12 years of my career using the Optacon for my job (not other
assistive technology) and enjoyed it very much because of the independence it
gave me.  Of course that was in the day of green screen terminals before
everyone had a Pc.
Then along came Windows and that was the end of the Optacon as a useful tool
for the most part.
I still miss the independence it gave me and wish there was a replacement for
that product.  I still have one I use when needed for reading mail but
computers are strictly via various screen readers these days.
Well, enough about me!