[mac4theblind] Re: Mac or windows?

  • From: Kim Kilpatrick <kimjkilpatrick@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:33:17 -0400

Ben,
I am very new to the mac.
Sound similar to you in that I had an ancient pc still running windows xp.  I
have only had the mac for a few weeks but I am pretty happy with it.
The learning curve is a bit steep at times.
I have done e-mail and web things, itunes which I find much easier than the pc.
 Also have edited some docs and spread sheets in pages and numbers.
I did buy the apps for pages and numbers although text edit seems to work well
too.
I know you can open word documents in pages but not sure about text edit.
I have not done any audio editing or things like that so can't speak to that
part of it.
I got a mac mini as it was the cheapest and I already had an old monitor and
speakers to use.
I did set it up myself and did install mountain lion independently too.
Not sure how much melp I am.
Kim