[mac4theblind] Re: IOS app format - portrait vs landscape

  • From: Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 12:24:19 -0400

Let me make sure I have this right. Do I physically rotate the phone, say ,
long edge horizontal?Then touch the status area, 3 finger swipe from bottom to
top to orient it? And 3 finger swipe also opens control panel? Does it only do
this after touching the status area? Where can I get a full description of the
gestures in all modes? This was not mentioned in the resident HELP either.

Any pros to a particular orientation? I find it a bit tough to get 4
fingers at the top or bottom when I hold it with the home button on the
bottom. I have not tried apps other than Notes and just wonder if you all
change orientation as you work or keep just one..

Thanks.
Leslie
On Oct 25, 2015, at 11:52 AM, John Panarese <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The orientation can be locked. So, whatever orientation you prefer, simply
turn the phone to that one and then touch the Status bar at the top of the home
screen where your clock, battery and other indicators are located. Then, swipe
up with three fingers to open the Control Center. On that screen, you’ll find a
button that will lock the current orientation.

As previously indicated, you can always open any setting by asking SIRI to
do it for you. However, as I always try to teach my clients, one should be
familiar with how to get to locations on the screens with gestures and be
familiar with the layouts of things like your settings.

Tel, (631) 724-4479
Email, john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website, http://www.macfortheblind.com

APPLE CERTIFIED SUPPORT PROFESSIONAL and Trainer

On Oct 25, 2015, at 10:44 AM, Stephens Leslie <leslie956@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi All,
I'm trying to start simple on my IPhone and already in trouble. I viewed
the Hadley info about Notes. The app looked fine the first time I got into
it, though I was not able to actually create a note. Guess I need the
typing tutorial next. . After that I was just looking around the Settings
to find the accessibility features mentioned (which I did not find). now
the app announces portrait when I open it and there appear to be more
controls like accounts and things are rotated . How can I get back to the
original format? And does this portrait format now affect all of the
apps? I have a 4S with IOS 7.12. Thanks loads for any help.