[mac4theblind] Re: IOS app format - portrait vs landscape

  • From: MJ Williams <matthewjwilliams101@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 15:21:36 +0000

One thing
you should be able to get to your voiceover settings with a Siri command.
Just say
Go to voiceover settings
and Siri should respond accordingly.
As for orientation, turning the device on its side should do the work unless you have orientation locked in your settings.
Also, certain apps UI cannot be re-oriented, garage band being a case in point, which is always in landscape on my iPad.
I'm sorry to be a littel vague as I do not own an iPhone, but the tips above should hopefully point you in the right direction.
hth
Matt

At 14:44 25/10/2015, you wrote:

Hi All,
I'm trying to start simple on my IPhone and already in trouble. I viewed the Hadley info about Notes. The app looked fine the first time I got into it, though I was not able to actually create a note. Guess I need the typing tutorial next. . After that I was just looking around the Settings to find the accessibility features mentioned (which I did not find). now the app announces portrait when I open it and there appear to be more controls like accounts and things are rotated . How can I get back to the original format? And does this portrait format now affect all of the apps? I have a 4S with IOS 7.12. Thanks loads for any help.

The url for this list, where one can unsubscribe or make any changes to their list subscription is: