[mac4theblind] Re: I feel like a total dumb nut for asking this, but...

  • From: "Christopher-Mark Gilland" <cgilland1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <mac4theblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 17:55:19 -0500

Holy dynomite! does, it, ever!  I'd very highly suggest doing a google search
for:

download+google canary

It should be the first result that pops up.

then use your vo commands, and find the button that says something to the
effect of agree and download.

then just open the dmg and install it like normal.

If you wanna set it as your default browser like I did, then oddly enough, go
into Safari, and hit command+comma, then go to the general tab.  In there,
there's a popup button which'll let you select google Canary as the default.  I
dono why you have to do it that way, but it works, trust me.

You can! install Chromvox from the Chrome Store, but I couldn't seem to get the
thing to work correctly.  I got it installed, and talking, but when I hit the
modifier key which is basically your vo keys: control and option, I get nothing
with the other keys.  It's totally strange.  I'm telling you though, it works
flawlessly! with voiceover by itself right outta the box.  Just navigate the
same way you would in Safari, and explore your menu bar.

It works very very nicely!

Chris.