Last call for beta10

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1205@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 12:12:02 +0200

Advance notice: LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta10 will be released this coming
week!

Now would be a good time to test the latest git HEAD and verify
everything still works for you. Please report any pending bugs
as soon as possible. Thank you!

My TODO stack is now down to fixing one bug (got a test case) and
another reported/confirmed bug from Alexander Gladysh (no reduced
test case, yet). I'll certainly fix the former and will try to make
a hotfix for the latter, if it doesn't come in time for beta10.

The only major change between beta9 and beta10 is the introduction
of the MIPS port (MIPS32R1, hardware FPU required, little- or
big-endian). Then there's the usual slew of fixes for the FFI,
some fixes for the PPC port, many fixes for the ARM port (special
thanks go to Lesley De Cruz) and only a couple of generic fixes.

I'll post an updated roadmap after beta10 is out. The tl;dr: lots
of reorganization in beta11; console ports will be merged after
that; new sponsorship on alloc/store sinking; LuaJIT 2.0 feature
freeze; LuaJIT 2.0-final _must_ be out this year; update on plans
for LuaJIT 2.1 and call for sponsors.