[ANN] LJIT2X11 - These bindings go to 11!

  • From: William Adams <william_a_adams@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2015 21:11:48 +0000

[insert something immature here]‏ :-)

Well, not being one to let a good joke go by...

https://github.com/Wiladams/LJIT2X11

No, really, it's honestly a binding to the core parts of X11.

What I'm actually doing is a bunch of bindings on the Odroid XU4, which has
Egl/OpenGL ES, so I needed at least the bare minimum of stuff to work with X11
so that I could at least get a handle on the display/window.  I'll be making
some changes to LJIT2Khronos if you so happen to be interested in that sort of
thing.

So, this binding covers:
X.h, Xlib.h, Xutil.h

There's some conveniences as is typical of these kinds of bindings, but not
much more than the raw ffi.cdef[[]] stuff

I'm sure that I could probably come up with a potty mouthed immature way to
describe this work, but I'll leave that to others, and just continue laughing
my culu off at how clever I was to come up with the "These bindings go to 11!"
tagline, which for those who are Spinal Tap challenged... (there's your clue,
search for it on the interwebs).

-- William

- Shaping clay is easier than digging it out of the ground.