Re: Crash in callbacks on iOS 5.1

  • From: Mike Pall <mike-1206@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: luajit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 13:37:36 +0200

Fjölnir Ásgeirsson wrote:
> So callbacks don't work at all without jit?

Callbacks don't work if the OS doesn't allow generating code at
runtime and make the pages executable.

The JIT compiler is separate and not involved in that process.
It just happens to suffer from the same restrictions.

[
I can think of two workarounds: either remap existing code pages
from the executable (does this work on iOS?), side-by-side with a
data page that holds the global_State pointer. Or hard-code a
single global state. That would mean you can call luaL_newstate()
only once.

Not sure I'd want to tackle this right now. But if anyone else
wants to have a go ...
]