[louisianaleps] Butterflies, Kisatchie NF, Natchitoches Parish

  • From: jftrahan <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louisiana Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 16:25:48 -0700 (PDT)

I spent about three hours in Kisatchie National Forest in Natchitoches Parish
today looking for butterflies.  It was a beautiful day.  The temperature was
about 68 degrees and the sun was shining with little wind.  Surprisingly,
Juvenal's duskywings, frosted elfins and sleepy duskywings are still there.
These are early spring butterflies and I was not expecting to see any of them.
I saw a total of 19 species.  The complete list is below.

Jeff Trahan
Shreveport

20      Pipevine Swallowtail
7        Zebra Swallowtail