[louisianaleps] Bodcau WMA, Bossier Parish

  • From: jftrahan <jftrahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Louisiana Leps <louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 17:21:01 -0700 (PDT)

I spent an hour at Bodcau WMA in Bossier Parish this afternoon.  Since I heard
that Dave Paton had seen 48 ceraunus blues recently in Cameron Parish, I
thought I should check the location where Rosemary Seidler and I had seen about
50 of them last year.  The location is at the large open field at the end of
the Bodcau Dam.  Unfortunately, the entire field had been recently mowed.
There were practically no flowers to be seen so there were very few
butterflies.  However, I did find three ceraunus blues.  If the field hadn't
been mowed, there would have been many.  The entire (short) list is below.

Jeff Trahan
Shreveport

2      Fiery
Skipper