[louisianaleps] 2nd Annual NABA associated Fourth of July Count at Copehagen Hills Preserve

  • From: "Craig Marks" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "cwmaplc@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: louisianaleps@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, native@xxxxxxxxxx, lyon5516@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, davepatton122@xxxxxxxxx, kncunning@xxxxxxxxxxx, thisauldhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 14:50:27 -0400 (EDT)

I have chosen Sunday, July 27, 2014 as the date for the above-referenced count.
We will meet at the front gate to the refuge at 9:30, about 7 miles SE of
Columbia LA, in Caldwell Parish. I anticipate being done between 2:30 and 4:00.
Please bring water and food/snacks as there are no stores in the immediate
area. Also, wear protective clothing, including good walking/hiking shoes and a
hot. Bug repellant (ticks and mosquitos) is recommended.

Here is the list from last year's count.
1      Pipevine ST
9       BlackSwallowtail
10     GiantSwallowtail
3       Eastern Tiger Swallowtail
12     SpicebushSwallowtail
18     Orange Sulphur
89     SouthernDogface
29     CloudlessSulphur
26     LittleYellow
2       Sleepy Orange
45  Gray Hairstreaks
42  Eastern Tailed-Blue
16  Pearl Crescent
3   Question Mark
4   Common Buckeye
3   Red-spotted Purple
2   Hackberry Emperor
6   Silver-spotted Skipper
3   Hoary Edge
9   Northern Cloudywing
12  Horace's Duskywing
2   Zarucco Duskywing
1   Fiery Skipper
2   Little Glassywing
10  Clouded Skipper
9   Dun Skipper
7   Swarthy Skipper
1   Lacewing Roadside Skipper

Other potentials include Funereal DW, Southern and Northern Broken-dashes.
There is a lot of cane so I hope to find Southern Pearly-eyes and Yehl
Skippers.

The preserve is owned by the Nature Conservancy. We have permission to be on
the locations, but each of us will be required to sign a liability release. The
cost to participate in the Count is $3.00.

Please let me know who will be attending. I don't want to start into the
Preserve until everyone who is coming has been accounted for. thx, Craig Marks