[lit-ideas] what was missing

  • From: Adriano Palma <Palma@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 13:33:36 +0000

The ordinary English of this group of pompous assholes lacks the distinctions
made by I wish this stopped and "magari smetteranno di rompermi I coglioni"
Try it for size in I saw the virgin mary

---- This is an echo of a  similar sentiment voiced by Austin (and taken by
some to be a manifesto of  ordinary-language philosophy and its rationale) to
the effect that ordinary  language (ordinary English of the sort spoken by
Oxford philosophy dons of his  generation) made (in some sort of evolutionary
trend) all the distinctions that  we need.