[lit-ideas] w1&2

  • From: palma <palmaadriano@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2014 22:04:45 +0200

what is interesting and non trivial is relatively simple.
wittgenstein gave an overinflated idea of what a language is and does.
then with several tricks tried to re-prioritize the view that people have
thoughts, states, minds, etc, and get to his point that the "language" is
prior to something else.
wittgenstein was a confused behaviorist. in my humble view while tractatus
is wrong in interesting ways (see e.g. peter simons on this) the so-called
2nd wittgenstein is a waste of time, if not for historical reasons