[lit-ideas] Re: udinks

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:18:05 +0100

Far be it from me to lower the tone...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/story/0,,2175825,00.html

(cat) photo here

http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/newsid_7000000/newsid_7004700/7004798.stm

Judy Evans, Cardiff

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Julie Krueger
  To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 9:23 AM
  Subject: [lit-ideas] udinks

  First I've heard of "dink" being *any* kind of word.... has this simply
escaped my attention?  Is it known to everyone who lives on this planet but me?
  Julie Krueger

  Family's license plates deemed offensive
  Mon Sep 24, 10:18 PM ET

  The state of Oregon has ordered a family to turn in the vanity license plates
on its cars because their Dutch last name, which is written on the plates, is
similar to an offensive word.

  The plates, UDINK1 UDINK2 and UDINK3 are on the vehicles of Mike and Shelly
Udink and their son Kalei. Two of the plates are five and seven years old. One
was issued last year.