[lit-ideas] Re: udinks

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 10:23:44 -0500

As Stephen Dedalus said to Lynch, "It was a great day for European culture when
you made up your mind to curse in yellow."  Perhaps, likewise, it was a great
day for American culture when Oregonians declared "dink" a curse word.  But for
some reason I just can't get my mind around Cheney saying "Dink you" to Leahy.

Mike Geary
dinking the time away
in Memphis