[lit-ideas] Re: the bible -- a question

  • From: "Mike Geary" <atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 17:02:20 -0500

PS:

Does anyone know of a website which has the books of The Holy Bible in modern English?

If Elizabethan English was good enough for Jesus, Paul, don't you think it should satisfy you? (Well, OK, James Firstian English if you're going to be technical).

I know your kind. Seeking out some equivocation between translations that might let your sybaritic soul slip through the Pearly Gates. St. Peter's no fool. He has the original Aramaic documents in hand. Those men hated all pleasures. You're doomed, my friend, that is, damned, best enjoy yourself while you can.

Mike Geary
Memphis