[lit-ideas] Re: the Iranian "smoking gun"

  • From: Eric Yost <eyost1132@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 14:47:52 -0500

>>The US might have faked it, or
the Iranians might be doing a bit of what the US has
been doing all over the world, i.e. arming real or
potential allies.

The reason the claim seems old is that the British commander in the south of Iraq said the same thing a long while ago.

Your claim makes sense though. Iran is doing the same thing we did during the Cold War, or more aptly, the same thing that the Soviet Union did during the Cold War. Therefore it only follows that we should treat Iran as we treated our foes in the Cold War.

(Granted, during the Cold War, the future of humanity was at stake and extreme measures were called for, whereas today much less is at stake.)