[lit-ideas] Re: peace process, d'apres Reinhart's article

  • From: JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 21:35:33 EDT

This list-serve is starting to give me an unprecedented headache.

Julie Krueger

========Original  Message========     Subj: [lit-ideas] Re: peace process,
d'apres Reinhart's article  Date: 7/27/06 7:19:47 P.M. Central Daylight Time
From: _atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:atlas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)   Sent on:

CK:
> If it's all a matter of that  specific, tiny strip of land known as Israel,
> perhaps the Israelis and  the Palestinians would agree to vacate the
> property and, in concert,  blow the damn place up. For good.

Ha!  I've thought that at  times myself, but never dared say such.  The UN
could spread salt over  the whole damn area like the Romans did at Carthage.
OK, that settles that,  go in peace, now.

But I'm afraid it's more like kids in the backseat on a  long, long road trip
fighting over their territory.  We're all in this  together.

Mike Geary
Memphis