[lit-ideas] Re: on the trail

  • From: John McCreery <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 11:13:24 +0900

I am instantly reminded of Alfred Bester's *The Demolished Man, *in which
the criminal VIP attempts to evade  spilling the beans about his crimes by
keeping "Tensor said the tensor, tensor said the tensor, tension,
apprehension and dissension shall obtain sir...." running through his mind.

Best wishes for a happy, healthy, productive and prosperous 2012.

John

On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 9:40 AM, Torgeir Fjeld <torgeir_fjeld@xxxxxxxx>wrote:

> dis
> harmony obliged to per
> form regard
> less of incli
> nation or de
> sire
>
> on the tram a busker revels passengers while
> forgetting to ask for money so
> enveloped in the agitation animation aspiration
> and the coffee shop in dis
> array calmer slower connecting
>
> my father was a stern old bugger
> could never take no from a mugger hugger
> not sure how to count the dystopian dissidents
> count  not
>
> now there's place under water where the
> clientele exchange soft semaphors
> the likes of which can be fully accounted for only in a
> future
> residence
>
> oslo, 2.1.12
> phatic